Tensions are at an all-time high in 1950s Québec where this story takes place and narrates the ill-fated paths of a mother and daughter who live tragic and complicated lives.
Consider this blog as you would an apartment you might view in pursuit of finding a new place. Somewhere to become familiar with and grow to call your own.
Allow me to introduce yourself: I’m Amino, both landlord and real estate agent of this property, and here’s what I have to offer you for the moment:
- A little more about myself – picture, ambitions and all
- Why I named my blog the way I did
- A fun and engaging quiz to match you with your next (potentially great) book, which includes a prompt follow-up with a personalized book recommendation
- A thorough review policy, so you can expect what kind of reviews I’ll be publishing
And if any of that intrigues you and you think to yourself, “hey, I could stick around for a bit,” then here’s what’s to come:
- A minimum of ONE book review per week (as you can see, I’ve got my summer planned out!)
- A literary essay about whatever I can’t stop thinking about as I read every few months
- Author and publishing industry interviews
- Guest posts
- Round-ups of other amazing literary blogs and book-ish content from all over the internet
And that’s just the beginning.
With a draft of posts overflowing, waiting to be published, and a list of never-ending ideas for this platform (thanks Notes app on my phone!), enthusiastic is an understatement when it comes to how I’m feeling.
I aim to spread my love for literature and inspire others to become consumed by the magic of a great book.
If you’re excited to see what this blog has to offer, comment below one book you’d like to see reviewed or one type of post you’d like to see.
And if you’re not quite convinced it’s anything to write home about, hey, leave me a comment telling me what I can improve on.